08 August 2012

Oopsie Bread

I wasn’t much of a bread person before LCHF but I managed to stumble onto this flourless bread called Oopsie Bread. Thought it will be fun to make and also another reason to make use of my under-utilized oven.

I used:
3 eggs
80g cream cheese (I used SCS cream cheese)
a dollop of yoghurt

- Preheat oven to 150°C

- Separate egg yolks and egg whites

- Whip egg whites until stiff and form peaks

- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, cream cheese and yoghurt well

- Using a spatula, fold the egg yolk mixture into the stiff egg whites. Try not to break the break down the egg whites as it will affect the height of the Oopsie Bread
*It was one of my first time baking and I didn’t understand how to fold in the egg yolk mixture. If you’re like me, here is a video example (2:28) for you to have an idea of the folding.

- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and place the mixture on the sheet, forming 4-6 mounds (depending on your preferred size of the bread as well as the size of your baking tray)

- Bake for 30 minutes @ 150°C and the next 10 minutes at 100°C

- When done, let the bread cool and enjoy!

Here are my pictures:

15 minutes into the oven

















I didn't whip my egg whites to be stiff enough and so they were not able to hold my egg yolk mix well. This explains why the mounds looked so flat.


Finished product on my first attempt

















They were so flat they looked like biscuits instead, hahaha. I had some egg yolk mixture left and decided to whip another round of egg whites to make a second batch.


Second attempt

















Yay! The egg whites were more airy and stiff this time round and so they were able to hold the yolk mixture and formed the rounded top of the Oopsie Bread.

Okay, so after trying the Oopsie Bread, I decided I probably wouldn't make it again. LOL. It was way too cheesy for my liking and didn't have much of the bread texture I was hoping for.

Great for cheese-lovers though!

No comments:

Post a Comment